Chandigarh Engineering College | CEC feels proud for being the only private approved engineering institution having been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for 5 years from 2009 to 2014. It is among the top 25 private colleges and top 50 accredited institutes of the country in terms of quality education, research and other state-of-the-art facilities.
CEC has more than 1100 computers in their FCPIT, Communication and Computer Graphics laboratories. The college has more than 250 well qualified faculty members looking after the operations, research and teaching in the institution.
Chandigarh Group Of College | Landran bagged Rs 4 crore Grant from World Bank for raising its academic standards through National Project Implementation Unit (NPIU), New Delhi. The institution feels proud of the students who are already working with topmost companies like Microsoft, Infosys, TCS and WIPRO, L & T, Samsung, Capgemini, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant to name a few. The institution has gone miles in establishing a name in the field of technical education.
The Entrepreneurship Cell at Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran was established in the year 2005. The cell was renamed as Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Center (IEDC) in the year 2014 on its association with Department of Science and Technology (DST), a body of Government of India. The DST has sanctioned a grant of Rs 45.30 lacs for the setup of the IEDC for five years depending upon the year wise progress. The cell has an incubation center which helps new and startup companies to develop by providing services such as training or office space and technological workshop facility.
Working with a mission to “Develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students” Chandigarh Group Colleges, Landran has set up an Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Center (IEDC).
IEDC has been performing the following functions:
- To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions every year.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To facilitate creation of entrepreneur’s club in each college to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst student
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant databases.
The objectives of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) are to provide handholding support to first generation entrepreneurs by helping the set up their own micro and small enterprises; to catalyse and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises; to create Entrepreneurial culture; to inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects; to promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas; to respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and micro enterprises; to generate patent awareness among students and faculty and encourage motivation for patent; to facilitate Inter-Disciplinary research; to act as an interface between students and the industry and to remove the trust deficit between the same; to promote commercial research culture through a strong venture of university-industry tie-ups; to propagate the formation and development of start-up businesses to a point of obtaining significant third party investment and; to give students the experience of learning through mutual support.
TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Program) was envisaged as a long-term program of about 10-12 years duration to be implemented in 2-3 phases for transformation of the Technical Education System with the assistance of World Bank.
As per TEQIP design, each phase is required to be designed on the basis of lessons learnt from the implementation of earlier phases. The objectives of TEQIP include
- Strengthening Institutions to produce high quality engineers for better employability.
- Scaling-up postgraduate education and demand-driven Research & Development and Innovation,
- Establishing Centers of Excellence for focused applicable research
- Training of faculty for effective Teaching
- Enhancing Institutional and System Management effectiveness.