Achievements of IEDC
The objective of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) is to provide handholding support to the first generation entrepreneurs by helping them set up their own micro and small enterprises.
- To catalyze and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises .
- To create Entrepreneurial skills, inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects and promote employment opportunities in innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and micro enterprises.
- To educate on patent awareness among students and faculty and encourage motivation for patent filing, facilitate Inter-Disciplinary research and act as an interface between students and the industry .
- To promote commercial research culture through a strong venture of university-industry tie-ups.
- To propagate the formation and development of start-up businesses to a point of obtaining significant third party investment and give students the experience of learning through mutual understanding.
In order to fulfill the above objectives, promote innovation and entrepreneurship at CGC, Landran, following activities were organized:
Under Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC), an institute level competition named “AUMENTO 2015” was organized. ‘Aumento 2015’ – envisioned with an idea to nurture technological innovation which would be later be commercialized.
The competition is a platform for students to display highly innovative technical projects, the best of which are chosen for consultation and assistance to be provided by the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Center of Chandigarh Engineering College.
The competition serves as a filter for good projects to be taken up at the IEDC.’Aumento’ looking for ideas and projects which are technically innovative, practically applicable and commercially viable. ‘Aumento’ is unique by virtue of inculcating inter-disciplinary research and commercial viability in one competition. ‘Aumento’ is an annual event.
Chandigarh Engineering College invited entries from engineering institutions all over the region. The participating teams compete in two phases, which have been decided.
The best projects were chosen by the panel of judges and were provided with a monetary grant from DST and consultation from Chandigarh Engineering College. Other eligible projects which do not make it to the top are eligible for consultation and support in terms of technical needs.
Under IEDC Total Ten Projects Are Granted Funding From DST, Which Are As Follows-
- PIC Microcontroller based greenhouse automation system
- Solar window
- Central control unit for irrigation motor pumps
- Head motion controlled wheelchair
- Pneumatic car Lift
- Intelligent Blind and Deaf Stick with navigation facility
- Separate lubrication system for turbocharger
- Wireless Electricity
- Metro Manager
Aforementioned projects are prepared by students of various Engineering departments of CEC including mechanical, electronics & communication, Information technology and computer science engineering. Around INR 10 lakh was granted under IEDC to support these projects.