Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran has a mentoring system in the name of Class Counselling. Each class is divided into group of 25-35 students, and each group is assigned with a faculty member to act as Class Counselor (CC), also referred as Mentor.
Number of Faculty mentors: Each faculty members of respective departments
Number of Faculty mentors per Section: 02
Number of students per mentor: 25-35 number of students
Frequency of meeting: Weekly (Schedule duly enlisted in Time Table)
Role of a Class Counselor:
• Class Counselor (Mentor) monitors Academic performance of a Student.
• Class Counselor maintains a file to track student activities like Academic, Curricular, Co-curricular Extra Curricular, achievements, Social activities and the details of Parents Meetings.
• Class Counselor keep parents updated about student’s academic performance, attendance, events and universities result etc. telephonically, through letters, mails and WhatsApp.
• Class Counselor selects Class Representative (CR) from section. These Class Representatives act as a vital link between the Management, Institute, department, CCs and Students.
• Class Counselor conducts meetings with students periodically to ensure good academic performance as well as to address personal grievances of the students.
• Class counselor also motivates and guide weak students for improvement in academics and overall growth. Course reference material (CRM) is also provided to students along with previous year university solved question paper.
Description of Mentoring System:
|Type of mentoring system||Functions|
|Professional guidance and Career advancement||• The CCs, HODs and CRC guides students to choose their career in different national and multinational companies coming for placement drive in the campus.|
• Looking at their interest and expertise, class counselors advises them the companies that would fit for their professional career growth.
• CRC (Training & Placement Cell) provides Career Guidance and other Training apart from arranging campus recruitment drives to support their research into Industry, companies, job and candidate profiles.
|Academic Guidance||• CCs share information of academic planners, academic schedules and e-learning resources to enhance their knowledge database.|
• CCs, faculties and HODs guide students to improve their academic performance.
|All round development||• CCs, faculties and HODs motivates students to take parts in various inter college, intra college events to enhance their confidence, technical and leadership skills for overall development.|
|Personal development||• Empower and enable inner adjustments by individual students to counter and cope with physical, emotional, mental, social and environmental challenges through student-counselor interaction/ through meditation workshops/ through other specialized workshops / activities.|