Institution Innovation Council (IIC) an Initiative of MHRD for selected Higher Education Institutes
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are in formative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses. It’s our proud privilege to announce that Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran is selected as a member of IIC with President-ship of Dr. Shashi Bhushan, Professor and Head, Department of Information Technology, Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran.
Major focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of Institution’s Innovation Council
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc., with the involvement of industry.
Benefits to Institute, Faculty and Students
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies
- Visit new places and learn a new culture.
India’s First Leadership Talk Series” by ShriAnand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group on 8th January, 2019
Department of Information Technology has collaborated with MHRD Innovation Council (MIC) to organized a Webinar session for the Students of CSE, IT, ECE and ME branches of Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran.
Students had a very special opportunity attend webinar on“India First Leadership Talk Series” by ShriAnand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group on 8th January, 2019
The talk with ShriAnand Mahindra has provided the students with valuable tips which would not only help them academically but also in other spheres of life. Also the concept of “Collaborate to Compete” was taken up highlighting the importance of team work and healthy competition.
Queries of students regarding fear of failure, start ups, business strategies including business with least risk and maximum profit were discussed.
Along with this, students also had a golden opportunity to get to know about the importance of maintaining a balance between worklife and personal life.
IPR for Students and Faculty Members On 10th January by Dr.Shweta Singh, Founder and CEO, Ennoble IP
Department of Information Technology organized IPR Workshop under MHRD Innovation Cell (MIC) on 10th January 2019. Students from IT, CSE, ECE and ME had a very special opportunity to attend expert talk by Dr Sweta Singh, Founder and CEO Ennoble IP. The talk began with the clarification of very basic concept of Patent. Further the concept of trademark along with copyright were taken up by providing various industrial examples and explaining the students about the minute difference between them.
Highlight of the talk was that students were told about how can they know whether their idea exists or not. Also the students were explained about the laws related to patent and most importantly what an individual can’t patent like natural energy, turmeric etc.
In the question answer round, students asked there queries like “What if there is no finance available right now and a candidate wants to file a patent or apply for a copyright”. Also the students were made aware about their rights that they have with their patent.
IPR for Students and Faculty Members On 10th January, 2019 by Ms. Shwetasree Majumder, Principal, Fidus Law Chamber
MHRD Innovation Cell (MIC) organised “IPR for Students and Faculty Members” as per IIC calendar on 10th January 2019. Ms. Shwetasree Majumder, Principal, Fidus Law Chamber was the speaker for this session. Department of Information Technology took the initiative to organize this Webinar for the students of Chandigarh Group of Colleges.
Students had a very special opportunity to listen to Ms.Shwetasree Majumder, Principal Fidus Law Chamber. The live session focused on the concept of copyright, its meaning and terms like copyright infringement. Not only this, but students were also made aware about the rights, copyright laws. Also the session inspired the students to come up with their own, original ideas.
Questions like “how can I claim for a copyright”, “what all things can be subjected to copyright” were taken up.
Students gathered in Maximum possible numbers. Many of the misconceptions like difference between patent and copyright were explained. Also an important concept of trademark was being taken up which helped the students to know about the business side of the process.
MHRD-Innovation Council (MIC) organized a webinar on Planning for Career
The Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC), CGC, had organized a live streaming of the webinar at Seminar Hall Block-3.This was the Second Episode of “India First Leadership Talk Series” which was organized by MIC. The Expert Talk was held on 24th January 2019 from 11:30 AM onwards.
Students from CGC LANDRAN had a very special opportunity to interact with Dr Anand Deshpande Founder, Chairman & Managing Director Persistent systems LTD. The Discussion basically focused on ‘Planning for Career’. Career planning is a complex process that will change according to situations and one continuously needs to make career and life decisions. Making a fruitful career choice is a challenge for most of the students as they are confused by the subject pressure, peer pressure and family opinions. The talk was extremely informative and useful from the academic and technical point of view.