The National Cadet Corps (India) was formed under NCC Act of 1948 and is open to school and college students on voluntary basis. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The motto of NCC is “Unity and Discipline”.
Dr. Shikha Saxena, Associate NCC Officer has been granted a commission in NCC in October 2019 in the rank of “LIEUTENANT”.
Aims of NCC
• To develop qualities of Character, Courage, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure and the ideals of Selfless Service among the Youth of the country
• To Create a Human Resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and be always available for the Service of the Nation.
• To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
Certification Under NCC
Senior Division and Senior Wing: Cadets recruited from colleges fall under Senior Division and are under the command of Associated NCC Officer (ANO)
• C-Certificate is the highest recognition of training and qualification of a Senior NCC cadet
• B-Certificate is the initial recognition of training and qualification of a Senior NCC cadet
Benefits of NCC
Various Incentives are provided by the central Government to Cadets with NCC ‘B’ & ‘C’ certificate holders for recruitment in the ranks in the Defense Forces.
NCC Special Entry Scheme for SD Wings graduates in OTA in group 19-25 years with 50% marks, through DDG of states for direct interview (SSB) every year. The Cadets are exempted from CDS examination conducted by UPSC.
Focus is on instilling discipline in the souls of the cadets, besides fostering healthy competition for the ranks, while keeping the greater interest of the nation in mind to create prospective officers for the Armed Forces. The National Cadet Corps is the only organization of its kind, which imparts Leadership, Discipline, Integration, Adventure, Military, Physical and Community Development training to over 13 lac youth of the country.
Type of Camps under NCC
After joining the NCC the cadets can get the golden chances to participate in the following camps like
• Republic Day Camp (RDC)
• Basic Leadership Camp(BLC)
• Army Attachment Camp(AAC)
• Annual Training Camps (ATC)
• Thal Sainik Camp (TSC)
• Advance Leadership Camps (ALC)
• National Integration Camps (NIC)
• Rock Climbing Camps (RCC)
• All India Trekking Camps,
• Special National Integration camps (SNIC)
Glimpse of Some Activites:
Republic Day 2020
Guest Lecture on “How to motivate Youth to Join Indian Armed Forces”
Swachh Bharat Rally
Army Museum Visit
Our Cadets Sangram Singh, Vasu Sooden and Amninder Singh got selected for the Republic Day Camp 2020 at New Delhi
Our Cadet Azeem Sarwar got selected for the Republic Day Camp 2020 at New Delhi. He also got selected for ALL INDIA GUARD OF HONOR.
Our Cadet Kunal Sagar got selected for the Republic Day Camp 2019. He attended the Republic day camp at New Delhi. He also got selected for the prestigious Youth Exchange Programme 2019 held at Srilanka.
Our Cadet Medhavi Tomar got selected for the Republic Day Camp 2018. She attended the Republic day camp at New Delhi and also won the All India Best Cadet SW Army Wing and was awarded by PM Narendra Modi on 28th Jan 2019. She also got selected for the prestigious Youth Exchange Programme 2018 held at Srilanka.
Our Cadet Sanjeet Singh got selected for the Republic Day Camp 2017.He attended the Republic day camp at New Delhi. He also got selected for the prestigious Youth exchange Programme 2017 held at Bangladesh. He represented India as a Youth Ambassador in Vietnam. He also get Recommended for Indian Army through NCC-46 SSC (M).
There is a spacious library equipped with wi-fi facility in Applied Sciences block to cater the requirements of approximately 1500 students of different branches of first year, faculty and staff of different subjects of the department.
Library is organized into various sections viz. Circular Section, Periodical Section, Reference Section, Newspaper/ Magazine Section, Technical Section, Binding Section, which are manned by professionally qualified staff.
Monday to Friday from 9.15 A.M. to 4.35 P.M.