Visit to Samarth Jiyo by CSE Department, Chandigarh Engineering College
Event Objective: The department of Computer Science & Engineering, Chandigarh Engineering College organized a visit and named it SNEH to Samarth Jiyo (Mentally challenged Children’s Home) on the occasion of Parivartan 2019, on the theme “ONE FOR ALL, ALL FOR ONE”.
About the Event: As Guru Nanak Dev Ji profoundly advocated the philosphophy of the poor, helping the ones in need and spreading happiness, the students and faculty of CSE Department visited Samarth Jiyo (Mentally Challenged Children’s Home). The students did various activities like singing, dancing and drawing with the children there.
Ms. Dapinder Kaur, and Dr. Yogesh, teaching faculty of CSE department accompanied students in this Social visit for the Noble Cause. In total 17 student co-ordinators of B.Tech(CSE) 2ndyear& 3rd yearput their best efforts for this social visit.
The details of Journey are as follows:-
1. Students started from College campus to Samarth Jiyo, Chandigarh at 12:00 Noon.
2. Everybody reached Samarth Jiyoby 12:30 P.M.
3. Visit starts with an interaction with the children followed by a Singing Performance by the CGC Students. After that we conducted a Drawing Competition for the Children and the Winner was given a Prize
4. Then the coordinators organized Lemon Spoon Race& Musical Chairs for the children.The winners were given Prizes. Followed by another singing performance by CGC students.
5. After that Cake Cutting ceremony and Snacks was given to the children, along with DJ. Simultaneously the Goodies were distributed to the children.
6. The celebration continued till 3:45 P.M.
7. At 4:00 P.M. Return Journey Started.
8. Everybody reached back to CGC Campus by 4:30 P.M.
It was a great experience for everybody. It was an extremely happy and cherishable moment we all witnessed. The happiness on the faces of the children and elders was priceless.