Objectives of IEDC
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and micro enterprises.
One of the objectives of National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) is to promote entrepreneurship development in the country. This objective can be achieved by way of providing handholding support to the first generation entrepreneurs by helping them to set up their own micro & small enterprises.
There is also an urgent need in the country to inculcate entrepreneurial skills to the youth by way of skill development through which they become employable as well as create their own enterprise.
Training-cum-Incubation Centres provide an opportunity for first generation entrepreneurs to acquire skill on basic technical trades and gain exposure in all areas of business operations such as business skills development, identification of appropriate technology, hands on experience on working projects, project / product selection, opportunity guidance including commercial aspects of business.