As Per Punjab Technical University
- Minimum 90 days of classes in each semester.
- If Semester does not get 90 days, then extra classes will be arranged on Saturday/Sunday or other Holidays to meet the requirements.
- 75% of atttendance is mendatory for each student.
- If a candidate fails to meet the requirements he/ she will be detained from appearing
in the final University Examinations of that particular subject.
- Principal can condone up to a maximum of 10 % of the lectures/ tutorials/ practicals held in a subject,
owing to serious illness, calamity or any other sufficient reason.
- 60% evaluation is external and 40% is internal.
- The external evaluation is based on the end semester University Examinations.
- The question paper for the university examinations is set by an external paper setter and the answer books/scripts are evaluated by an external examiner.
- The 40 marks of internal evaluation are awarded by the teacher on the basis of continuous evaluation of the student, through class tests, seminars, home assignments and class work.
- Three class tests are conducted centrally during the semester, out of which best two tests are considered for award of Internal/ Sessional marks.
- 24 marks are assigned to class tests (best two out of three), 10 marks are assigned to assignment and tutorial sheets and 6 marks are based on class attendance.
- 40% weightage is given to the end semester university examination and 60% to internal evaluation. The end semester practical examination is conducted by a board comprising of one internal and one external examiner.
General Rules of Conduct
1. All the students must attend the college in proper dress. Boys & Girls must come in trousers and shirts. Half pants are not permitted in the college. Rather it will be treated as an act of indiscipline. During winter navy blue college blazer and steel grey trousers with tie of student’s choice is allowed. Navy blue blazer is also allowed for girl students. No loose dress, which is accident prone, like half sleeve shirts. For Sikh boys turban is a must. Patkas & cap are not permitted in the college and is considered as an act of indiscipline. Trimming of beard and hair by Sikh students is also considered as an act of indiscipline.
2. The entry of the Students to the college will be strictly through the Identity cards.
3. Nobody can enter the campus with a covered face or with his/her helmet on.
4. Nobody is allowed to enter the college campus in a drunken/inebriated condition. Alcohol testers/ breath analyzers will be used.
5. Students admitted under Sikh minority category are required to maintain their Sikh Saroop and Tradition. Anybody violating the undertaking given at the time of admission will be expelled from the college.
6. In the Workshop all the students must wear prescribed uniform.
7. Students using unfair means in University or other College examination or class tests will be liable to expulsion from the College or to any other disciplinary action in addition to any penalty, the University/ College authorities may decide to impose.
8.Drinking and smoking is prohibited in the college as well as in the hostels.
9. Carrying of lethal weapons like guns, revolver etc. in the college or hostel is not allowed. Keeping the weapons in the hostel rooms is prohibited.
10.Use of electrical gadgets like heaters, electric rod, press, radio, tape-recorder in the hostel is not allowed.
11.Allotment of hostel rooms is made on the basis of merit of the previous semester, Students can choose their room-mates and make request for allotment.
12. Cooking is not allowed in the hostel rooms.
13. The students shall be responsible for the college property issued or provided in the hostel. Damage of any hostel property shall be recovered from the concerned resident.
14. Guests are not permitted to reside in the hostel without proper permission of Warden.
15. Dean Student Affair’s Chief Warden/Warden or any College Authority can inspect any room at any time.
16. Entry in the hostel will not be allowed beyond 10:30 PM in case of Boys Hostels. The timings for girl’s hostels will be notified by the hostel wardens in consultation with the Principal.
17. Roll call of hostel residents will be taken daily within 15 minutes after the hostel closing time.
18. Absence from hostel for the whole night without prior permission from the hostel warden is considered an act of serious misconduct, and carries severe punishment.
19. No meeting, seminar or gatherings are permitted in the hostels without prior permission of the warden.
20. Students must dine in their respective hostel messes.
21. The hostellers are allowed to leave the hostel on holidays after putting the necessary entry in movement register available in respective hostel with hostel servant / security guard.
22. Ragging is strictly banned in the college premises.
23. Any kind of Indiscipline including fighting in the hostel & college premises will be punishable.
24. Moving of hostel property (Bed, Chairs etc.) from the room is not allowed.
25. Mess contractor must be informed at least 24 hours in advance in case a hosteller does not want to take meal(s).
26. Hostel option is allowed once in an academic year in the month of August and no change of option will be allowed in between the same academic year, except for the students who go out for six month industrial training.
27. The students can keep PC in hostel rooms with a due permission from the Hostel Warden/Chief Warden.
28. Students are required to come in the hostel mess and common room in a proper dress.
29. It is discretion of the Chief Warden to allot/not to allot a room/accommodation to a student on the basis of his previous record in the hostel/ college.
30. Hostlers, who wish to keep four wheelers in the college, have to register their vehicles in College. These vehicles will be parked in the college parking and bringing them to the hostel is strictly banned.
31. It is must for all the students to clear up their mess bill by the 10th of every month. In case they don’t do so, they are liable of being charged the mess bill with appropriate fine after the due date.