Welcome to the Division of Student Affairs website. Whatever your interest, we hope you connect to the resources and assistance you may need. If you are a student, we want you to know from the first day you meet with our campus recruiters to the moment you turn your tassel at commencement, our staff members continue to provide programs, learning opportunities and services that help you get the most out of your college experience. The Division of Student Affairs is made up of dedicated staff and student workers who are committed to providing quality support that enables student success. You will find a number of departments within our division, each with a unique way of supporting students.
On today’s college campuses, students face a host of new and complex challenges in attaining their college degree goals and achieving personal satisfaction. At CGC, we recognize how deeply important it is to work with students in a holistic way. The Division of Student Affairs constantly works to strengthen collaborations with academic departments and faculty in order to align and reinforce the curricular and co-curricular experiences of our students. We encourage faculty and staff to use the resources available on this website, and we invite feedback about areas where more assistance is desired. Similarly, we are pleased to use this website as a place where parents and family members can learn more about the CGC student experience and become informed partners in helping their student become successful.
Industry Institute Interaction Cell
The Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC) plays an important role in shaping up the academic & professional career of the students. We at CEC, Landran strongly believe in building a strong and firm foundation preparing our students to face the corporate sector through outstanding innovative practices.
Our students are made to undertake industry projects, presentations, case studies, research work and working as trainees to get practical experience of industrial working environment.
The main motive of IIIC is to help the students to choose their career & getting them ready for the industrial environment.
Core Team Members
Dr. Mohit Srivastav, HOD, ECE spearheads the team of faculty members as mentioned below to work efficiently for all the activities & development of Industry Institute Interaction cell.
|Dr. Dinesh Arora||Professor||Incharge|
|Ms. Bhawna Tandon||Assistant Professor||Member|
|Mr. Surinder Singh||Assistant Professor||Member|
|Ms. Shelly Raina||Assistant Professor||Member|
|Ms. Ashima Kalra||Assistant Professor||Member|
|Ms. Chanpreet Kaur||Assistant Professor||Member|
Key Responsibilities of IIIC at CEC
- Organizing 4 weeks Summer Training after the completion of first year to give them hands-on practical exposure.
- Arranging Industrial Training/ Internship of 6weeks after the completion of 2nd year & 6 Months Industrial training/Internship for the final year students.
- Undertake Industrial visits to give industrial exposure to Faculty members and students, thus enabling them to tune their knowledge to cope up with the industrial culture.
- Generating Consultancy Work for students as well as faculty to meet growth and developmental needs of the industry.
- Arranging expert talk/ workshops/seminars from industrial / academic sector to bridge the gaps of knowledge.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the institute and industries to bring them strategically closer.Thus, bridging gaps between the industry and academics is the primary responsibility of this cell. IIIC helps to prepare students for industrial stepping in by providing industrial and job centric environment within or outside the campus so that they can be easily adapt themselves with the present market scenario after the completion of their 4 year degree course.
Companies where students are getting Training
- Our students are acquiring training from various companies of repute like SCL, Puncom, Luminous Reliance India Ltd, Airtel ,Idea, HFCL, BSNL, Jet King, SLR Infotech, Philips, HCL,TCS, Infosys Ltd, Wipro Technologies Ltd, L&T Infotech Ltd, Oracle, Dell Services, BEL, Capgemini India Pvt Ltd just to name a few.
- Industry supported laboratories/ MOU’s : The department has effective and strong relations with the industry and has established various industry supported laboratories which helps in skill enhancement of the students. Following are the details of Industry supported laboratories:
Texas Instruments (Project Lab)
- The laboratory supported by Texas Instrumentations, USA houses industry sponsored projects and facilitate the students for major projects.
- The laboratory can be used by students of all engineering disciplines.
Mentor Graphic Backend tool (VLSI Lab)
- A VLSI lab was set up in the department to pursue project work in VLSI domain.
- It provides hands-on application for VHDL/ Verilog to analyze digital system design at frontend and backend.
Advance Technology sponsored (Embedded Lab)
- An Embedded systems lab supported by Advance Technology Ltd, was set up in the department to support hands on projects at undergraduate level.
- Also facilitates the students to file patents in embedded field, support research and development at postgraduate level and completion of minor & major projects.
- Eureka Electrosoft signed an MOU with Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran for technical transfer and knowledge up gradation of new technology products for the faculty and technical trainees.
- Further, this will help in setting up lab facilities for B.Tech. and M.Tech. Students get to work on live projects, ideas and knowledge sharing projects in the department itself.
With the help of said company, department has established Machine Vision lab which has generated many research papers under the guidance of faculty in charge using the present lab facilities.
- Companies where students are going for industrial visits:Industrial visits are arranged every semester for the students to make them familiar with the industrial environment. These visits represent important activities in engineering undergraduate program that contribute to the achievement of various essential learning resources and program objectives. Industrial Visit Programs are designed to increase student’s awareness of the corporate world with hands-on activities.
The Companies where students & Faculty are visiting every semester are :Semiconductor limited , Punjab communications limited, Prasar Bharti Doordarshan Chandigarh, Bharat Electronics limited , Luminous India Limited , Continental Devices India Limited , Philips, HCl, Infosys, Deltron, Mars Edpal Instruments Limited, Eureka Electrosoft solutions private limited , Advance technology , Wounder system private limited , Siemens Panchkula, PushpaGuzral Science city,VT Technologies , BSNL, Ericsson ……. and many more.
Analysis of industry institute interaction (for last 3 Years)
Industrial institute interaction is an important strategy to expose students to real work life situations and to equip them with the necessary skills that sharpen their job acumen. Industrial training programs can be continuously improved through formal review and evaluation of their outcome.
|Academic Year||Industry expert talk||Workshop||Industrial Visit|
It gives us immense pleasure that our industry institute interaction cell is delivering very good results which are leading the placement charts of the students & our endeavour is to further maintain & increase the activities for the forthcoming years.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)-ECE
ED cell is established to acknowledge, motivate and guide the students in the field of Entrepreneurship. It fosters the technocrat; guide them to become an entrepreneur, who will create a significant mark and recognition in the world tomorrow. The objective of cell is not to only create wealthy entrepreneurs, rather making them contribute towards the society by creating jobs and contributing to the growth of nation. ED Cell is accountable to plan and organize the Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC)and Industrial Visits.
Through above activities students are motivated to overtake Entrepreneurship and learn to open a new Enterprise (Business) get funding and market the product/services. Students also get a chance to interact with successful entrepreneurs. We have organized 22 EAC in last three years.
Key Responsibilities of ED Cell At CEC
- Create zeal in ECE students to take on Entrepreneurship through Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC).
- Train ECE students to identify business opportunities and mechanism of product selection.
- Train ECE students to start a SSI unit(General concept about the Govt. formalities, rules & regulation, Location and different aspect of an industrial venture).
- Teach students about different market strategies (i.e. Technical & commercial aspects of SSI unit).
- Teach ECE students financial aspects of SSI unit including salient features of a project report.
- To make ECE students aware students about various schemes of assistance and support available from Govt. agencies, banks, financial institutions, SFC’s etc.
- Train ECE student’s on the importance of communication and interpersonal skills for better result in business.
- Organize Industrial visits for experiential learning by existing entrepreneurs.
Core Team Members
Under the expert guidance of HOD ECE, Dr. Mohit Srivastava, following Team members work efficiently for all the activities & development of Industry Institute Interaction cell.
|Paramveer Singh Gill||Assistant Professor||In-charge|
Analysis of ED Cell Activities (for last 3 Years)
ELECTRONICS PROJECT CLUB
EPC was constituted by Dr. Ruchi Singla Professor ECE, Deptt and Ms. Parminder Kaur Associate Professor, ECE, Deptt in 2012 with the objective to spread, propagate, promote and enforce the academic, vocational and professional courses to help students enhance their regular study and technical skills through different co-curricular activities. The club operates purely for charitable purposes only. All the income earnings, immovable properties of the club are solely utilized and applied towards the welfare of students. Currently this club is taken care of by Dr. Parveen Singla, Associate Professor, ECE Department and his team, the structure of which is given underneath:
Events Organised by EPC
- WORLD RADIO DAY
- Teacher’s Day Celebration
- IETE students day celebration
- IETE Technical Quiz
- Expert talk from IIT Ropar faculty members
- Workshop on automation
- Social work like celebration of international elderly day
- Texas workshop
TECHCOMM PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
Techcomm Professional Society is techno cultural society of ECE department. This society organizes different events for students at regular intervals. This society has been created for developing Technical and Communication skills.
Chairman: Ms. Dilpreet Kaur
President: Mr. Gaurav Kumar Garg
Vice President: Mr. Rohit
Events conducted by the society
TATVA: It is held annually in the odd semester on different themes comprising technical, non technical and cultural events. Tatva is a platform to attract the best student talent from the department. Tatva has taken things to next level year on year with competitions in formal, technical and informal events with a quirky twist. It actually develops confidence and highlights hidden qualities among students making them a better human being.
TATAV 2K17: Theme is ONE NATION, ONE VOICE, ONE VISION
OUR INDIA, INCREDIBLE INDIA