360 Degree Training (Pre-placement Training)
CEC-CGC's TPP 360 degree Training programme is all about “Refurbishment of employability skills of the aspirants to ensure placements in the top notch Multi National companies”. Placement training plays a major role in shaping up the career goals of students. It is the dream of every student to get placed in a top organization visiting their campus for recruitment. CEC-CGC's TPP Program offers a 360 degree Training that results in the overall Personality Development and Industry ready students. 360 degree Training and Placement program (TPP) has been designed which works on honing the Aptitude, Technical, Professional and Interpersonal skills of the students. The team at Chandigarh Engineering College-CGC, Landran, Mohali has involved large number of senior academicians and industry experts to brainstorm and discuss the required skill sets a student requires to get placed in top-notch companies. The main objective of this program is to make students industry-ready and ensures that each member of this program gets quality placement.
Chandigarh Engineering College-CGC, Landran, Mohali provides Training to the students and equip them with the life skills which has become an important responsibility of the institution because along with technical expertise, development of a holistic personality is also necessary. To meet out these requirements, a fully fledged training cell is operating in our college to enhance the capabilities of engineering graduates at par with the industry standards.
The Pre Placement Training can be broadly classified as follows:
- Technical (C/C++ with Data Structure, Core Java and Advance Java)
- Aptitude (Logical and Quantitative Reasoning)
- Communication Skills
- Overall personality development
- Advanced Technologies (Android, Python, Advance Java, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics with IOT, PHP, Cloud computing)
In view of the diverse culture and background of the students coming from various parts of the country, Chandigarh Engineering College-CGC, Landran, Mohali runs a unique and comprehensive Pre Placement Training program, in order to make the students Industry ready. The Program named as Training & Placements Program (TPP) is 360 degree in nature and covers various Training needs of the students including Technical Skills, Aptitude, Communication Skills and Overall Personality Development. Renowned industry experts are regularly roped in for interaction with the students on various topics.
Training Methods of Training Placement Program
- Resume / Video Resume building
- Campus to Boardroom (Summer Boot Camp)
- Elite classes for toppers
- Advanced Training
- Company Specific Booklet, Mock placement drive
- Placement Interview activities both verbal and technical
- Personality Development & Grooming
- Personal Interview /Technical Interview /Skype Interview
- Group Discussion
- Case Study
- Project Evaluation
- Wipro Talent Next Training & Exam
- CODE Tantra Training & Exam
- AMCAT/Employability Test preparation & Exam
- Competitive Exams based Training
- Expert technologies sessions
- GD/Best Speaker competition
- Alumni Meet/Student Interaction sessions
- Expert Talks/Guest Lectures
The process of training program involves several group activities, exercises, management techniques and feedback. The training gets people thinking, gives the new abilities and capabilities and enhances their self-awareness and self-worth by discovering and developing. The process depends on the profile and the requirement of the recruiters. It is essential to bring the participants out of their comfort zones through effective interaction and participation. The practical interaction helps in energizing and activating themselves. The training methodology included interactive sessions, Competitions (English/Aptitude/Technical Test), games, practical exercises, questionnaires and giving feedback.
Placement Assessment of Students
The TPP registered students are evaluated based on:
• The academic performance (Percentage and CGPA).
• AMCAT (Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test) to evaluate the English (verbal and communication skills), Logical, Technical, Aptitude Skills and Automata Programming Skills).
• CodeTantra: AI assisted Assessment Platform with Online Remote Proctoring.
• Any kind of certification course done by the students is also taken into consideration.
• Students with outstanding HackerRank score and other competitions are considered.
• Group Discussion/Case Study/Product Launch, Declamation, Aptitude, Technical competitions.
TPP Department have made the portal for students to go through the reference materials also all updated information about the department.
The URL of the TPP portal is: https://www.cecmohali.org/tpp/