B.TECH (ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & DATA SCIENCE)
Data science continues to evolve as one of the most promising and in-demand career paths. As the world entered the era of big data, handling it was the main challenge and concern for the enterprise industries. This four-year under-graduate B.Tech program in Data Science has been specifically designed to provide a platform to undergraduate students for a prospective career in upcoming data science industry. This program is for students who are interested in learning about all aspects of uncovering facts from the available data. Students graduating from the proposed program will have significantly more depth and breadth in the broad area of Data Science.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- This program develop the skills of creating fastest working apps or solutions integrated with analytical information ensuring 100% accuracy in the output.
- To produce graduates who are well versed with theoretical knowledge and the skill set to address all aspects of creating, managing, processing and converting data to knowledge.
- A career with exceptional prospective fields and a challenging roles in a futuristic industry. The financial security, the freedom to relocate, the lifelong prospect of learning makes this program an ideal career for computer science enthusiasts.
- To provide a platform to undergraduate students for a prospective career in upcoming data science industry.
- The graduates of the program can pursue higher education and research at premier national or international universities with a great future in research.
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Procedure (Entry Level 10+2)
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by central/state government through a legislation and a member of Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi with Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry
Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or any such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education
The candidates who have passed two years certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET) shall be eligible.
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Procedure for Lateral Entry
All those candidates who have passed minimum three years/two years (Lateral Entry) Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution/recognized university as defined by UGC in any branch of Engineering and Technology shall be eligible to apply.
All those candidates who have passed B. Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC and passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject shall be eligible to apply.
Candidates who have passed D. Voc. streams in the same or allied sector are eligible.