B.TECH CSE (INTERNET OF THINGS AND CYBER SECURITY INCLUDING BLOCK CHAIN TECHNOLOGY)
The 4-year undergraduate course of Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in IOT & Cyber Security including Block Chain technology is designed to make the professionals technically sound in advanced learning systems. The in-depth knowledge of Computer operating systems, cyber-attacks, human-to-computer interaction, forensics, trust based computing, cryptocurrency, bitcoins is provided.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- Students will develop the skills of designing and developing IoT applications after analyzing security related challenges and sources of threat while exploring various emerging and existing technologies.
- To provide a platform to undergraduate students for a prospective career in upcoming interrelated four technologies, Block chain, fog computing, edge computing and machine learning.
- With a huge explosion in data and its applications, a career in the field of IoT, Cyber security and block chain, students can choose the career of IoT Product Managers, IoT developers, Forensic Expert, Security Analyst, Cryptographer, Block chain developer, Block chain Quality Engineer.
- The Students will also have promising future in areas of agriculture, water quality, healthcare, industrialization and environmental management etc. which are already delivering social and economic benefits to the nation.
- The graduates of the program can pursue higher education and research at premier national or international universities with a great future in research.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & ADMISSION PROCEDURE (ENTRY LEVEL 10+2)
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by central/state government through a legislation and a member of Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi with Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry
Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or any such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education
The candidates who have passed two years certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET) shall be eligible.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR LATERAL ENTRY
All those candidates who have passed minimum three years/two years (Lateral Entry) Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution/recognized university as defined by UGC in any branch of Engineering and Technology shall be eligible to apply.
All those candidates who have passed B. Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC and passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject shall be eligible to apply.
Candidates who have passed D. Voc. streams in the same or allied sector are eligible.