The institute has a mentoring system in the name of Class Counseling. In CEC, each class is divided into groups of 25-35 students, and each group is assigned with a faculty member to act as Class Counselor (CC), also referred as Mentor.
Number of faculty mentors:Most of faculty members of departments
Number of Faculty mentors per Section: 01
Number of students per mentor:25-35 number of students
Frequency of meeting:Weekly (Schedule duly enlisted in Time Table)
Role of Class Counselor:
- Class Counselor (Mentor) monitors academic performance of students.
- Class Counselor maintains a file to track student activities like academic, curricular, co-curricular extracurricular, achievements, social activities and the details of parent meetings.
- Class Counselor keeps parents updated about a student's academic performance, attendance, events and university results etc. telephonically, and through mails & WhatsApp.
- Class Counselor selects Class Representative (CR) from section. These Class Representatives act as a vital link between the institute, department, CCs and students.
- Class Counselor conducts meetings with students periodically, to ensure good academic performance as well as to address personal grievances of the students.
- Class counselors also motivate and guide weak students for improvement in academics and overall growth. Course reference material (CRM) is also provided to students along with previous year university solved question papers.
Description of Mentoring System:
|Type of mentoring system||Functions|
|All round development||
|Professional guidance and Career advancement||
Efficacy of the Mentoring System:
The mentoring/counseling system developed by the college has proved to be effective.
- By using a mentoring system student’s attendance in classes and other activities improved.
- Improvement in involvement of students in academics, co-curricular and extra-curricular.
- Significant improvement in results of critical as well as placement-oriented subjects.
- By using this system individual student’s talents/skills are identified which helps them to improve further.
- By mentoring a student's self-confidence has improved, thus developing the ability to cope better in an external professional environment and successfully tackling the external challenges.
- Some of the key deliverables recorded in students are: developed capacity to appear in job interviews / speaking in public / making presentations / extra activities