Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC)
The mission of the IEDC Scheme is to –
"Develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students”
The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, had set up Entrepreneurship Development Cells (EDCs) in educational institutions. It is now felt necessary to look at the concept of EDCs afresh so that these could meet the challenges posed by the current economic liberalization and globalization era. Thus, the new/revised guidelines have been formulated.
The revised scheme would be titled Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC). The Department of Science & Technology, New Delhi established IEDC at Chandigarh Engineering College-CGC, Landran, Mohali in 2014 for five years. DST approved a grant of Rs. 45.3 Lakhs for five years to run IEDC at CEC-CGC, Landran, Mohali. The salient features of the scheme are as follows –
- IEDC to be focused on deliverables that have to be defined at the beginning of the project and be assessed and reviewed during the course of the project.
- The duration of the IEDC to be five years.
- The proposal for a new IEDC has to indicate innovative project(s) for support. Before approaching DST for IEDC support the Host Institutions (HI) have to identify about 7-10 innovative projects. HIs would be required to make presentations indicating the technical and financial details.
- A maximum of five such new project(s) would be supported in a year.
- The projects may be students projects with students’ involvement with a high degree of innovation in them.
- As far as possible the projects may be multi-disciplinary in nature.
Objectives of IEDC
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and micro enterprises.
Functions of IEDC
- To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college/institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions every year.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To facilitate creation of entrepreneur’s club in each college to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.
- IEDCs would also sensitise the management of the institutions regarding the importance of entrepreneurship and integrate their activities with the Host Institutions.
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2018-19)
- Farmer Relief System
- Autonomous plant maintainer using IOT Augmentation
- Refrigerator Door Opening System
- Fuel Adulteration Detection System
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2017-18)
- UVS (Ultimate Vehicle Security)
- WDC (Water Distribution & Conservation System)
- Advanced early flood warning device
- Hybrid Drone
- ODL(Object Detection & Location)
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2016-17)
- Rawlk-Raw milk purifier
- Solar-powered air purifier based on a catalytic converter
- Smart safety system
- Electro tiles
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2015-16)
- Metro management project
- Wireless electricity
- Separate lubrication system for the turbocharger
- Intelligent stick for blind and deaf
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2014-15)
- PIC microcontroller based greenhouse automation system
- Solar travel pack inverter free AC solar supplyy
- Design of central control unit for irrigation motor pumps
- Head motion-controlled wheelchair
- Pneumatic car lift
EAC WITH DST-NIMAT SUPPORT
Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) To promote and strengthen Science & Technology entrepreneurship, the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India sponsors the project under the project namely Deptt. of Science & Technology- National Implementing and Monitoring Agency for Training “DST-NIMAT in year 2015. EAC are sponsored by EDII, Gandhinagar under DST-NIMAT project with a funding of Rs. 100000/- in each year to conduct the entrepreneurship awareness camp.
IEDC Cell organized 3 days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp IEDC Cell of CEC-CGC, Landran, Mohali organized an Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) from 12th -14th February, 2020 at seminar hall of Block-1. The program comprised of 12 sessions; each of one hour duration. It was sponsored by EDII, Gandhinagar and NSTEDB under DST-NIMAT project.
IEDC cell organized Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp(EAC) from 29-31 Jan 2020 IEDC cell of CEC-CGC, Landran, Mohali organized an Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) from 29-31 Jan 2020 at seminar hall of Block-1. The program comprised of 12 sessions; each of one hour duration. In the program students learnt how to open a new Enterprise (Business), how to arrange funds, how to market the product and also got a chance to interact with an entrepreneur through an Industrial visit. The camp was sponsored by EDII, Gandhinagar and NSTEDB under DST-NIMAT project.