Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Ideas of today and shaping Entrepreneurs of tomorrow is what we work upon at CEC-CGC, Landran, Mohali. With the increasing industrial requirements on the global platform, Chandigarh Engineering College-CGC, Landran, Mohali offers a 2 year MBA (Masters of Business Administration) Programme (full time) which is approved by AICTE New Delhi and Govt. of Punjab and has an affiliation to Punjab Technical University (PTU) Jalandhar. The Masters of Business Administration degree focuses on imbibing strategic and creative awareness to make future business leaders. The course is structured to bring students close to real-world business situations and make them aware of socio-economic, global cultural and technological advancements.
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Procedure
All those candidates who have passed Bachelors Degree of Minimum 3 years duration in any discipline from a University recognized by UGC & with valid rank in CMAT shall be eligible to apply for MBA course.
MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES (MDP)
Management Development Programmes are taken up regularly at our campus. These projects include training programmes conducted through different companies, both at campus as well as at their respective locations. Our MDPs are custom made to meet the specific needs of the organizations and delivered with the professional touch to ensure effectiveness.
The Department of Business Administration aspires to be top-ranked in delivering management studies involving research orientation aimed at developing competent and socially sensitive business leaders committed to excellence.
- M1. To develop acumen for innovation and leadership among students so as to help them in developing a critical and analytical outlook.
- M2. To develop a strong connect with alumni in the industry and have strategic alliances with the corporate so as to improve education standards.
- M3. To enhance employability skills of students by implementing innovative pedagogy aimed at achieving new heights in placements in North India.
- M4. To collaborate with the leading universities of the world in order to provide endless opportunities to the students for gaining international exposure.
- M5. To continuously encourage research, development & innovation in all related fields to facilitate students as well as the faculty.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: To inculcate knowledge in students with experiential learning and prepare them for advance study and lifelong learning.
- PEO2: To develop strategic understanding of fundamental principles of business and competencies in the area of accounts, marketing, interpersonal skills, human resource management and entrepreneurship.
- PEO3: To train the students for dynamic business environment and apply their perspectives through innovation and creativity.
- PEO4: To develop competencies in qualitative and quantitative techniques to analyze the business data as well as developing an understanding of economic, legal and social environment of Indian business.
- PEO5: To inculcate leadership skills, professionalism, effective communication skills, interpersonal skills and team work in students so as to enable them to manage and collaborate in diverse work environments.
- PEO6: To develop responsiveness to social issues and ability to identify business solutions to address the same. Students will also be able to understand the issues of business ethics.
Program Outcomes (POs)
The program outcomes specify the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes students are expected to attain in courses or in a program. The six outcomes of MBA program are as below:
- 1. Business Environment and Domain Knowledge: Economic, legal and social environment of Indian business.. Graduates are able to improve their awareness sand knowledge about functioning of local and global business environment and society. This helps in recognizing the functioning of businesses, identifying potential business opportunities, evolvement of business enterprises and exploring the entrepreneurial opportunities.
- 2. Critical thinking, Business Analysis, Problem Solving and Innovative Solutions: Competencies in quantitative and qualitative techniques. Graduates are expected to develop skills on analysing the business data, application of relevant analysis, and problem solving in other functional areas such as marketing, business strategy and human resources.
- 3. Global Exposure and Cross-Cultural Understanding: Demonstrate a global outlook with the ability to identify aspects of the global business and Cross Cultural Understanding.
- 4. Social Responsiveness and Ethics: Developing responsiveness to contextual social issues / problems and exploring solutions, understanding business ethics and resolving ethical dilemmas. Graduates are expected to identify the contemporary social problems,
- 5. Effective Communication: Usage of various forms of business communication, supported by effective use of appropriate technology, logical reasoning, articulation of ideas. Graduates are expected to develop effective oral and written communication especially in business applications, with the use of appropriate technology (business presentations, digital communication, social network platforms and so on).
- 6. Leadership and Teamwork: Understanding leadership roles at various levels of the organization and leading teams. Graduates are expected to collaborate and lead teams across organizational boundaries and demonstrate leadership qualities, maximize the usage of diverse skills of team members in the related context.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOS)
- PSO1) Develop the students into effective leaders and administrators ready to face the challenges of corporate world.
- PSO2) Inculcate the social, legal and ethical responsibilities of Business among the students to become responsible citizens of the country.
- PSO3) Provide necessary inputs on strategies to be followed to become effective entrepreneurs.