Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC)/Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Post the completion of IEDC, the institute established Entrepreneurship Development Cell that acts as the interface between the academia and the industry. In 2021, CEC was selected by Atal Innovation Mission, NitiAayog, Govt. of India to set up their second ACIC at the campus which is named as Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) RISE Association. Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) RISE Association, supported by AIM, NITI Aayog (Govt. of India), aims to nurture Innovation and Entrepreneurial culture in Semi-urban and Rural India. ACIC RISE brings together startups, industry mentors, and eminent academicians from its parent Institution Chandigarh Engineering College-CGC, Landran, Mohali, and researchers who thrive on continuous interaction of theory and practice. ACIC RISE encourages young minds, students and Innovators to undertake entrepreneurship as a career option and set up a successful start-up venture.
The Department of Science & Technology, New Delhi established IEDC at Chandigarh Engineering College-CGC, Landran, Mohali in 2014 for five years. DST approved a grant of Rs. 45.3 Lakhs for five years to run IEDC at CEC-CGC, Landran, Mohali. The salient features of the scheme were as follows –
- IEDC was to be focused on deliverables that had to be defined at the beginning of the project and be assessed and reviewed during the course of the project.
- The duration of IEDC was five years.
Objectives of IEDC
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and micro enterprises.
Functions of IEDC
- To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college/institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions every year.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To facilitate creation of entrepreneur’s club in each college to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.
- IEDCs also had to sensitise the management of the institutions regarding the importance of entrepreneurship and integrate their activities with the Host Institutions.
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2018-19)
- Farmer Relief System
- Autonomous plant maintainer using IOT Augmentation
- Refrigerator Door Opening System
- Fuel Adulteration Detection System
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2017-18)
- UVS (Ultimate Vehicle Security)
- WDC (Water Distribution & Conservation System)
- Advanced early flood warning device
- Hybrid Drone
- ODL(Object Detection & Location)
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2016-17)
- Rawlk-Raw milk purifier
- Solar-powered air purifier based on a catalytic converter
- Smart safety system
- Electro tiles
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2015-16)
- Metro management project
- Wireless electricity
- Separate lubrication system for the turbocharger
- Intelligent stick for blind and deaf
List of IEDC Funded Projects (2014-15)
- PIC microcontroller based greenhouse automation system
- Solar travel pack inverter free AC solar supplyy
- Design of central control unit for irrigation motor pumps
- Head motion-controlled wheelchair
- Pneumatic car lift
IEDC Cell organized 3 days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp IEDC Cell of CEC-CGC, Landran, Mohali organized an Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) from 12th -14th February, 2020 at seminar hall of Block-1. The program comprised of 12 sessions; each of one hour duration. It was sponsored by EDII, Gandhinagar and NSTEDB under DST-NIMAT project.
IEDC cell organized Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp(EAC) from 29-31 Jan 2020 IEDC cell of CEC-CGC, Landran, Mohali organized an Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) from 29-31 Jan 2020 at seminar hall of Block-1. The program comprised of 12 sessions; each of one hour duration. In the program students learnt how to open a new Enterprise (Business), how to arrange funds, how to market the product and also got a chance to interact with an entrepreneur through an Industrial visit. The camp was sponsored by EDII, Gandhinagar and NSTEDB under DST-NIMAT project.