This magazine presents an overview of the department with description of various events organized and participation in events outside the campus during the period of semester. The purpose of the Technical Magazine is best attained when its students perform beyond the requirements of syllabi and extend their sphere of activity outside the confines of the classroom.
SOCIETY AND CLUB
- Mechnorobs Club
- Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE) India
Mechnorobs was established on October 28th, 2006 in the Department of Mechanical Engineering CEC, Landran (Mohali) with an aim of developing institutional mechanism to organize technical and cultural events in the Department. This helps to enhance the technical capabilities of the students and further provide them a platform to develop their personality enabling them to face the competitive scenario confidently. The events organized by club mainly focus on Group Discussion, Quiz contest, Rock Show, Cricket matches, various technical events, and lab sessions.
SAE INDIA COLLEGIATE CLUB
SAE is an International Society having headquarters in the USA. It has more than 121,000 members, which includes engineers, business executives, educators, and students from more than 97 countries who share information and exchange ideas for advancing the engineering of mobility systems. SAE is one-stop resource for standards development, events, and technical information and expertise used in designing, building, maintaining, and operating self-propelled vehicles for use on land or sea, in air or space. SAEINDIA is an affiliate society of SAE International. It has 190 collegiate clubs in India with 22,500 student members.
SAE India (Society of Automotive Engineers India) Collegiate Club was established on August 19th, 2015 with an aim to enhance the knowledge of student members about recent trends in engineering of mobility systems. SAE India Collegiate Club had membership of 62 students in the department of mechanical engineering in academic year of 2015-2016. The club has laid down the following objectives:
- To enhance the knowledge base of student members about recent trends in the engineering of mobility systems.
- To benefit its student members and faculty with knowledge of the latest advancements in technology in the field of automobiles.
- To provide its members access to SAE International programs and services globally enabling them to practice world class standard in productivity and quality.
- To provide a forum for members to informally exchange views and ideas.