The Institute established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell in 2017 as per the guidelines of NAAC.
- The IQAC regularly holds meetings with Head of Departments/Coordinators whenever any decision has to be taken to improve the processes.
- Representatives discuss suggestions from the staff and students in the IQAC meetings.
- The approved decisions are communicated to the staff and students.
- Takes initiative in organizing Seminars/Workshops related to effective implementation of any area of importance to the institute.
- The IQAC conducts a host of awareness, training and orientation programs with a view to imbibe quality among its stakeholders.
- Continuous feedback, Comprehensive Academic and Readiness Audits, Feedback from alumni, industry, students and teachers helps it to institutionalize quality culture.
- Strengthen institute’s academic structure by forming different committees/clubs/cells to address the needs of the students in curricula and co curricula aspects.
- Frames/Finalizes/Approves various structures and policies such as Academic Calendar, MST structures, feedback forms etc.
- Collaborative quality enhancement activities.
- Plans and guides students for add on courses.
- Documents the activities and achievements of the departments at the end of each year.
Due to continuous efforts notable initiatives have resulted. The measures are to comply the two key policy.
A) Modern Training Methodologies towards skill enhancement
The measures taken are:
- IIT Mumbai Spoken Tutorials – Certification courses.
- NPTEL Active Chapter
- Center of excellence
- Virtual Lab, IIT Delhi
- Compulsory Internship for Students
B) Quality Infra for Imparting Value Based Education
The measures taken are:
- Smart Classrooms, ICT enabled Classrooms and Seminar Halls
- Facilities in Laboratories for Open ended and Design Experiments beyond Curriculum
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- CSE and ECE– NBA Accredited for implementing Outcome based Education.
- Professional Society Chapters (e.g. CISCO Academy, CSI, ACM, Geeks for Geeks, SAE, ACS, IETE Student forum, The Institutions of Engineers etc.)
- Common Computer Centre, Well Stacked Library, Digital Library to Promote Self Learning
IQAC is monitoring the institute in the following quality assurance strategies and process issues:
- Identify the processes needed.
- Ensures availability of requisite information and resources
- Measure, monitor and analyze.
- Ensure, achieve planned results and improvement.
- Suggest modifications to academic planning & Curriculum.
- Readiness of Departments in the beginning of the semester.
- Pre and Post audit execution
- Adherence to institutional academic calendar
- Stake holders’ Feedback, analysis and action taken
- Attainment of Cos, POs, PSOs by the Departments.
- Course Files
- Weak and bright students’ identification and action taken.
- Students’ Academic performance.
- Students’ participation in competitions at various levels.
- Exposure of students to foreign Universities.
- Add on Certification courses
- Publications and Patents by students
- Skill enhancement
- No. of Doctorate Faculty
- Record of subject wise attendance
- Displaying attendance
- Informing parents about shortage of attendance/marks
- Students to submit medical certificates immediately after reporting to institute if the absence is on medical grounds.
The efforts of IQAC have resulted in improvement in various aspects, e.g.
- No. of placements from 70.25% in 2017-2018 to 84.01% in 2021-2022
- No. of Add on/Certificate/Value added programs offered from 16 in 2017-18 to 226 in 2021-2022
Objectives of the IQAC
- To achieve excellence in teaching-learning, research, innovation and overall development of the institute through quality enhancement.
- To ensure standardization as well as the systematization of procedure.
- To set quality performance indicators in domains of education, research and administration pertaining to departments/programs and other units of the Institution.
- To evolve and implement stakeholders’ feedback assessment.
- To facilitate periodic academic and administrative audit.
- To ensure learning outcomes periodically and record the improvement through various activities.
Functions of IQAC
- Academic Calendar
- Attendance Monitoring Report
- Academic and Administrative Readiness Audit
- Course files and Lab Manuals
- Induction Program /orientation
- Syllabus Coverage
- Result Analysis
- Collaboration / linkage with national / international universities/institutions & industries
- Co, PO, PSO, Attainment
- Value added courses for students
- Academic Audit
- Faculty and Students participation in R & D Activities
- Weak & Bright Students
- Incremental growth
- Mentor Mentee
- Bridge course if applicable
- Feedback from stakeholders
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following are the roles and responsibilities of various members of IQAC:
- Overall supervision of activities of IQAC.
- To ensure and conduct IQAC meetings /events and approve the minutes of it.
- To develop short term and long-term quality assurance Strategic Plan and ensure its implementation and monitoring to achieve success.
- Communication of decisions taken during IQAC meetings to the management.
- Approval authority for SOPs.
- To ensure proper conduct of Academic and Administrative Audits and presentation of reports to management.
- To ensure active participation of all members in meetings/deliberations.
- To ensure adherence of IQAC functioning as per SOPs and updating of SOPs as and when required.
- To coordinate activities of IQAC.
- Assist the chairperson IQAC in development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking parameters per semester.
- Preparation of various formats.
- Preparation of audit schedule.
- Summary report preparation of the various academic and administrative audits.
- Document preparation and to ensure readiness for the IQAC events, meetings & special projects.
- Attend the meetings regularly.
- Will actively participate in discussions and give their valuable inputs and suggestions for improvement in quality of various parameters in the institute.
- Ensure adherence of academic calendar, standardized formats and policies in their respective departments.
- Contribute actively to academic audits.
- Checking of course files.
- Will actively participate in all activities of IQAC and put efforts in fulfilling the objectives and functions of IQAC for quality improvement.