APPLIED THERMODYNAMICS LAB
- The Applied Thermodynamics Laboratory provides exhaustive knowledge on varied concepts of Thermal Engineering.
- The laboratory is equipped with experimental setups like two stage air compressor, multi-cylinder petrol engine test rig, single cylinder diesel engine test rig, etc.
THEORY OF MACHINES LAB
- This laboratory helps to impart practical knowledge on design and analysis of mechanisms for specified type of motion in a machine.
- This lab is equipped with experimental setups like Epicycle Gear train, Universal Governor, Static and Dynamic Balancing, Gyroscope, Journal bearing apparatus, etc.
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LAB
- The objective of Strength of Material Laboratory is to demonstrate the basic principles in the area of strength and mechanics of material and structural analysis through a series of experiments.
- The strength of material laboratory is equipped with Universal Testing Machine, Rockwell Hardness Testing Machine, Impact Testing Machine, Torsion Testing Machine, etc.
FLUID MECHANICS LAB
- The fluid Machines laboratory is used for examining the properties of fluids involving both compressible and incompressible flow.
- This lab is equipped with Multicenter apparatus, Bernoulli apparatus, Notch apparatus, Reynolds apparatus, and Hydraulic coefficient apparatus.
MANUFACTURING PROCESS LAB
- Manufacturing processes lab is equipped with Lathe machine, milling machine, drilling machine, shaper machine, Radial Drilling Machine, TIG and MIG Welding Machine, Arc Welding Machine, Spot Welder, etc.
- In this lab students learn to perform various manufacturing operations such as welding, cutting, drilling, casting, forging, forming, sheet metal working, etc.
INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION AND ROBOTICS LAB
- The IAR Lab enables our students to learn about different automation systems available in the industry.
- They also learn about the basic concepts of robotic systems.
REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING LAB
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioned laboratory helps the students to understand the concepts of refrigeration and air conditioning through various test rigs and experimental setups like Electrolux refrigerator, ice plant, water cooler test rig, etc.
HEAT TRANSFER LAB
- The heat and transfer lab provides fundamental and industrial knowledge about modes of heat transfer like conduction, convection and radiation and their application.
- The HT lab is equipped with different apparatus such as: Drop wise and film wise condensation, conduction through composite walls, thermal Conductivity of the liquid, etc.
MATERIAL ENGINEERING LAB
- In this lab students learn about the micro structure of different metals and alloys. Students perform different experiments on metals in order to improve its properties such as: Hardness, Toughness, Grain structure, Stress removal. Students perform different processes on metals such as: Annealing, Tempering, Hardening, Quenching, Normalizing, Case hardening.
- This lab is equipped with apparatus such as Metallurgical microscope, muffle furnace, double disc polishing machine, Jominy’s end quench test apparatus, hot air dryer.
MECHANICAL MEASUREMENT & METROLOGY LAB
- The Mechanical Measurements and Metrology Lab provide hands-on experience with various measuring instruments utilized in industries.
- In this laboratory students learn the use of measurement tools such as: Dial Caliper, Vernier Caliper, micrometer, screw gauge, sine bar, Tool Maker’s Microscope, Profile Projector, Surface roughness tester, etc.
MECHANICAL VIBRATIONS LAB
- Mechanical vibrations lab is one of the most important and essential lab in mechanical engineering. In this students learn about different types of balancing of the masses such as: static and dynamic balancing. They also learn to reduce the vibrations which occur in machinery during operations.
- This lab has following apparatus: Universal Vibrations.
- Advanced CAD Lab is equipped with 32 workstations installed with Licensed SolidWorks and Ansys software along with a 3D printer and a 3D scanner.
- This laboratory enables our students to design, analyze and prepare prototypes of their innovative product ideas. Students are using the laboratory for designing of various projects and publishing several patents. The lab is supported by our industry partner, which provides technical training to the students, enhancing their technical knowhow and employability.
PROJECT AND INNOVATION CENTER
- At the project and innovation center, the projects on which the student teams in the past have worked on have been displayed.
- Apart from the display of projects, the awards and recognitions won by students in various national and international competitions have also been displayed in this center. This center is an inspiration for budding innovators.
ENGINE RESEARCH LABORATORY IN ASSOCIATION WITH MEDHAAVI CENTRE FOR AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH
- The center of excellence named Engine Research Laboratory is equipped with a Single cylinder CRDI Engine with an Open ECU and eddy current dynamometer.
- This research laboratory is setup in association with Medhaavi Centre for Automotive Research.
- This center enables the students/researchers to alter various engine parameters and evaluate their effect on engine output/performance. The researchers working in this laboratory are also exploring the feasibility of using alternate fuels and their testing.
MANUFACTURING PROCESSES LAB (CNC LAB)
- Manufacturing Processes Lab is equipped with the state of the art CNC machining center.
- This lab enables the students to explore the concept of Computer aided Manufacturing (CAM) and works in correlation with Computer Aided Design (CAD) lab.
- The department of Mechanical Engineering has an air-conditioned; ICT enabled Smart Classroom equipped with a smart board to provide students with quality education by helping them understand concepts of mechanical engineering in a better way.
IEDC Cell IEDC was implemented on 28 Oct, 2014 in the Department of Mechanical Engineering CEC, Landran (Mohali) with an aim of developing institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions.